CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Welcome to Emma's Place. This is a site where I post my ideas, creations, lesson helps and lots more stuff.
Take a look around and find what you are looking for. I have items for Primary, Activity Days, Young Women, Relief Society, and more!
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or email me at emmasplacetobe@yahoo.com!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Babysitting & Babysitting Kits!

So, I'm hoping that I can finally get this blog up and running. I have been so busy lately; it's insane! But now I might have a little bit of more time on my hands now that my missionary is out serving. I do miss him a lot....

But- it's okay! This week for Activity Day we are doing a Babysitting Service Project. (Luckily I have lots of sisters who will let me babysit their kids!) A couple of months ago, as a Developing Talents project, we made 'Babysitting Craft Kits.' They included a coloring book, crayons, stickers, glue, and safety scissors.



We also went over the basic rules of baby sitting.

1 babysitters list.doc


1 Baby Sitting Tips.doc


1 BABYSITTING FUN.doc



All of the girls are very excited for the babysitting. I have used these pictures of 'Book of Mormon Animals' from the August 2008 Friend Magazine to make stick puppets while we are baby sitting the kids. My plan is to have all of the kids and Activity Day girls color and cut out all of these animals. Then we will tape them to the back of Popsicle sticks to make puppets. (The kids we are babysitting LOVE to do crafts!) After everyone is done, we are going to put on a puppet show and I will record it on my camera so that we will all be able to watch it back once it's over.

Once the babysitting activity is over, I will pass out a handout to the girls about service. I will include a picture of what that handout looks like as well. (As soon as I get them uploaded.)

All in all, this is going to be a very fun night for the kids and the Activity Day girls. They are so excited to babysit and perform this service for my sister. (Who will get to go out with her husband!)

Other pictures will come shortly.....

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...