CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Welcome to Emma's Place. This is a site where I post my ideas, creations, lesson helps and lots more stuff.
Take a look around and find what you are looking for. I have items for Primary, Activity Days, Young Women, Relief Society, and more!
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or email me at emmasplacetobe@yahoo.com!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Leading Music

Tonight I am teaching the girls how to lead music. We are going to be practicing this by using the same songs that are in the Primary program this year. They are:

I am a Child of God (Children's Songbook p. 2)
Tell Me the Stories of Jesus (Children's Songbook p. 57)
If the Savior Stood Beside Me (Words and music by Sally DeFord)
We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet (Hymns p. 19)
When Jesus Christ Was Baptized (Children's Songbook p. 102)
Called to Serve (Children's Songbook p. 174)
Home (Children's Songbook p. 192)

The reason that I chose these songs is so that they can practice the words to them as we go. It's been a rough year for our primary, music-wise; I think the extra practice on the songs will help. I made copies of the songs right out of the books, for each girl so that they can all have them in front of them. I also bought some really cute (cheap :o)) pencils that I'm going to give to each girl so that they can lead with the pencil. It's going to be a pretty easy night. Coming from a musical family helps. Hopefully they'll understand how to do it and we can practice the Primary songs.

So, it will be a pretty good night!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...